Performance Platform Austin is a coalition of Austin-based theater makers dedicated to developing new work that speaks with urgency to our immediate moment.
We use our capital – funds, labor, experience and connections – to support live, new work by excellent, local artists – new performance that is extraordinary, accessible, and COVID-safe.
How PPA Works
Fiscally sponsored by The Museum of Human Achievement, PPA funds serve as seed money to artists in Austin who are interested in exploring new facets of live performance.
Each artist uses the money as they see fit, has access to the producers of PPA as a resource, and will co-curate the next round of resident artists.
PPA recognizes that in new work development initial concept and exploration are often underfunded and overlooked. PPA seed money gives artists dedicated support to spend time in initial stages.
PPA’s plan for keeping artists and audiences safe.
We will be following recommendations and regulations laid out by the CDC and Austin Public Health:
All audience members and volunteers will wear masks
All shows will be outside, with a set number of audience in attendance
Seating will be assigned and socially distanced.
Digital tickets and programs only. Please purchase tickets in advance.
There will be hand sanitizer and masks available.
There will not be access to bathrooms.
Please do not attend a performance if you are sick or experiencing Covid related symptoms, we will work to transfer your ticket to another date or audience member.
New and Newsworthy
- Triple Trivia for Triple ThreatsJoin us! IT’S A VERY GOOD TIME TO SUPPORT THREE STELLAR ARTISTS. We’ll bring the Categories and Questions to Tantalize your Performance Brains! You’ve got 3 chances to play only! FRIDAY OCT 30, 2020 *HELL WEEK EDITION* FRIDAY NOV 6, 2020*DREAM DESIGNS EDITION* FRIDAY NOV 13, 2020*THANKS BUT NO THANKS EDITION* 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.Continue reading “Triple Trivia for Triple Threats”
- Spring 2021THE TEAM: Raul Garza (playwright) is an Austin-based playwright who tells stories that resound with culture and sense of place. His full-length play Fantasmaville received the National Latino Playwriting Award, and earned a B. Iden Payne Award nomination for Outstanding Original Script. His short play MyHEB garnered FronteraFest 2015 Best of Fest recognition. Raul’s full-length playsContinue reading “Spring 2021”
- Initial IdeaOver the course of the Spring, like so many of us, I watched in dismay as theater after theater, both in Austin and across the World, cancelled or postponed productions, even whole seasons. As the lives of friends and mentors have been cut short, as careers have been frozen in amber. At the same time,Continue reading “Initial Idea”
WHO WE ARE
- Artist: Raul Garza
- Artist: Jerry Ruiz
- Artist: Valoneecia Tolbert
- Logo Designer: Kevin Muñoz
- Photographer: Giselle De La Rosa
- Producer: Alex Bassett
- Producer: Katie Bender
- Producer: Jenny Connell Davis
- Producer: Liz Fisher
- Producer: Sarah Saltwick